Here is my card for Julee’s Mojo Monday #14. I used foam board for the second layer. Instead of the diagonal going under the second layer, I ran it across – mainly b/c I wanted to see the edges. I used my SU! spiral, round tab and ticket corner punches for added interest. The paper came from my secret pal stash …. still don’t know what company! The flower was part of the paper – I cut it out and put an old button in the center. Topped it off with liquid pearls! Colored staples replaced adhesive in spots! Fun and easy! – Melinda
06 Dec 2007 2 Comments
Remember a few posts back? I was working on my ATD and just had the eye blocked out. Well, she’s done!!!! The theme for this one was “Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder”. I used foam board as the body once again and pulled out some wire mesh I’ve had forever. It took a few days to get the components to fuse together but I’m happy with the results. Oh yeah, I also finally found a use for some spirals my dad gave me from a project he’d been working on … the spirals are made from plastic tubing he drilled into! I try to incorporate recyclables whenever they fit! I cut the center out of the foam board to insert the “eye” that was then placed behind a wire mesh. What sort of messages comes across to you? I would be interested in hearing about them! -Melinda
30 Nov 2007 2 Comments
To begin …. just so you know, I get bored easily!!! So I needed to change up my blog’s look … I thought this was festive!!! I also change my hair color at least 3 times a year!!! Ok, so I thought I was going to work on my ATDs today but got settled …. and found some mojo!!! I played with the new set SU! sent called Time Well Spent. I’m happy with how it turned out! I’ve also posted a sneak peek into the start of my ATD swap card.
Ok, so this card uses the following Stampin’ Up! products:
CS: very vanilla, basic gray, soft sky and whisper white
Inks: choc. chip, basic gray, soft sky, blue bayou and river rock
Misc: silver brads, white grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals
The card is standard size and the ovals are 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ (white) & 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ (gray). Every edge was daubed to death with choc. chip (after being beat up with the distressor). Very simple to create!
My one picture of my upcoming ATD is centered on my eye. (yep, that’s a picture of moi! – I love to take photos of myself! – come on now – who doesn’t take their own “model” shots when no one’s looking 😉 Anyway, my theme revolves around “eye” and that’s all I’m saying for now …. it’s drying in my studio right now!
30 Nov 2007 Leave a comment
We’ve all heard of ATCs – those fun little works of art that get traded out? Today I am working on what is called an Artist Trading Doll – same size, same concept but in the form of a “doll” – and I interpret ‘doll’ loosely. The theme for the swap this month is “Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder”. So I started out with that theme in mind last night and somehow found a new path … I ended up with ” A Heart of Gold” …. not quite finished. After sleeping on the idea, I am renewed and have a sketch now to follow! I will post my little creations this afternoon! (with some deets on creating them) …. Have a great morning, afternoon or evening- depending upon your little part of the world! -Melinda
19 Nov 2007 1 Comment
My tree has been delivered, set up and ready to go! Yah!!! I was in awe over all the wonderful trees created for this event. I felt like Charlie Brown with his little puny tree at first – ha! But I put that aside and told myself – there is a tree here for everyone! I kid you not – some of those trees looked like an explosion of ornaments! I was happy with how my tree turned out – especially for my first time! Here is a picture of the tree and final destination:
This is my tree complete with a star topper made from Stampin’ Up! products: DS Charbon, Silver Wire, Eyelets, Chipboard Stars. Scattered throughout the tree are various ornaments I created from the On Board Trimmings Chipboard Pack. I used either DS Cerise or DS Charbon to cover each one. My bling for each ornament started as punched vellum flowers, then covered with sequins and pearls. The vellum ornaments were created with Baroque Motifs stamped on vellum and embossed with silver, cut into strips and formed around brads. Check out Paper Pleasing Ideas for a wonderful tutorial on creating these vellum ornaments!
Now I can breath a sigh of relief – only for a second – it’s on to the next project! I have more pictures coming with close ups of the ornaments and hopefully clear instructions on creating them! 😉 Right now I have some clothespin angels to make with my kids! Happy Creating! – Melinda
14 Nov 2007 1 Comment
Even though I missed the wsc27 for this round, I thought I’d post my creation! I created a little mini album using paper coasters, chipboard, my Crop-A-Dile and bind-it-all coils …. I like it!
08 Nov 2007 1 Comment
Yah – I found my mojo! Check out Poetic Artistry – it’s a fun site! Julee’s weekly challenge can be found here: Mojo Monday Week #10. My card is all about one of my favorite sets – now retired – from SU! “Like It a Latte” … I had fun!
Here’s what I used:
Chocolate Chip CS, Glossy White (cup), Paper Accents Pearlized White, around the block Shabby Blue Strip
Retired DS Paper Loves Me
Baroque Motifs Set
I Like It a Latte Retired SU! Set
Stamp-a-ma-Jig, Black Brads, Dimensionals
Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and Basic Gray Inks
Thanks for another fun challenge Julee! -Melinda