“In October of 2014, Ballet Theatre of Washington will debut two new ballets: The Princess Who Couldn’t Dance & Peter and The Wolf. Both of the productions will be presented in one show that will be perfect for the family.” This is a direct quote from the website: http://www.balletwashington.org/performances
Ok, time for some introductions! Today you will meet characters (from my sketchbook): Elements
- Fairy of Happiness: Hooded cloak, silver bodice & romantic length tutu, large sparkly headpiece
- Her two minions (they are actually called little fairies on the cast list): little tutus, little leos, little tiaras …. so cute and little!
- Creek: Blue leos, Blue basques (waistband) with attached panels of blue and white
- Sunbeams: Yellow leos, Yellow basques with yellow, gold and red panels
- South Wind: Pink one-shouldered leo with attached silk chiffon skirt (soon to be hand painted by yours truly!) and White poet’s shirt with gray tights. (This is a pair dancing)
- Sea Waves: White leos with an attached neckline representing sea foam (still working this out) and “water” leos used last year in Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
On my inspiration board I have the creek’s tutu panels (along with a court lady bodice). Since the fabric frays easily I have decided to edge them and give them a slight wavy finish. I do one “set” of 8 panels at a sitting and then move on to other work so I don’t go cross-eyed! I’ll try to figure out how to capture video on this edging for anyone interested.
That’s it for this post! Now it’s time for me to get busy!! Enjoy your day!